From: Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Sent: Friday, April 9, 2021 2:26 AM
To: d...@cloudstack.apache.org <d...@cloudstack.apache.org>;
users@cloudstack.apache.org <users@cloudstack.apache.org>
Subject: [DISCUSS] Using qemu-kvm vs qemu-kvm-ev with CloudStack

All,

We've recently seen some tests around live VM with storage failing on CentOS7
which is addressed in this PR:

Some users have added on the original issue ticket that it works with
qemu-kvm-ev on CentOS:
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/issues/4757#issuecomment-812595973

I also see many other IaaS platforms notably oVirt using qemu-kvm-ev, is there
any interest and argument in saying we test and update our docs to advise users
to use qemu-kvm-ev on CentOS? Are there any CloudStack users who want to share
their experience with it who may be using it already?

The installation steps don't require configuring any 3rd party repository
manually and usually done with:

yum install centos-release-qemu-ev
yum install qemu-kvm-ev

Additional references: