From: Andrija Panic
<andrija.pa...@gmail.com<mailto:andrija%20panic%20%3candrija.pa...@gmail.com%3e>>
To: users
<users@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:users%20%3cus...@cloudstack.apache.org%3e>>
Subject: Re: Management server reboot appears to cause vms on other hosts to
shutdown?
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 17:44:57 +0200

CAUTION !

This email was NOT sent using a University of Chester account, so we are unable
to verify the identity of the sender. Do not click links or open attachments
unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.

=====

NFS primary storage also on your management server?

On Sat, 26 Jun 2021 at 10:36, Brian Fitzpatrick <

<mailto:b.fitzpatr...@chester.ac.uk>

b.fitzpatr...@chester.ac.uk

wrote:

Hi Jordan,

Thanks for your reply. Apologies I might not have been clear.

The management server is aware of the vm and when I set the host that is

also the same server that is running the management server (and mysql) into

maintenance mode, I can see it not longer has any running vms on it. They

have migrated to other hosts. Cloud stack can see them. Bu when I then to

an apt update and reboot the management server, the vms on the other hosts

seem to have shutdown.

The reboot did take a while (15-20 mins), but I am surprised that it has

affected other kvm hosts, which I thought should just carry on running.

Unless I have missed something that was still on the management(and mysql)

server.

Thanks

Brian