Hi,

I could use some clarification here on TLS/SSL usage.  I’ve secured my ACS UI
with a CA issued certificate.  This certificate has the FQDN of my ACS server
as the CN.  The certificate is valid and the Management UI connection is
secured in the web browser.

I’m now trying to modify the Console Proxy SSL Certificate base on this page:
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/latest/adminguide/systemvm.html#using-a-ssl-certificate-for-the-console-proxy

I have created the wildcard CA issued certificate as *.<domain name> along with
the unencrypted key per the steps on above wiki page.

After the changes are made in the UI under Infrastructure – SSL Certificates,
the consolevm reboots; however it doesn’t appear it is loading my CA
certificate with the wildcard.

Answer this please --- I should be able to have two separate certificates: one
for the UI management (FQDN of ACS) and one for console proxy session
(wildcard).

I had this on the 4.14 lab implementation but unfortunately my build notes on
this step were poor ☹.

Mike Corey

Technology Senior Consultant, IT CS CTW Operation & Virtualization Service US

SAP AMERICA, INC. 3999 West Chester Pike, Newtown Square, 19073 United States

T +1 610 661 0905, M +1 484 274 2658, E mike.co...@sap.com

[cid:image003.png@01D76E64.7F7C0C60]