From: Corey, Mike <mike.co...@sap.com.INVALID>
Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2022 1:53 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org <users@cloudstack.apache.org>
Subject: Clarity on when to use "Non-OSS" ACS

Hi,

I’ve been working with ACS 4.15 deploying to VMware hypervisors for over a year
now.  I’m catching up on 4.16 docs for an upgrade of our landscape.  For
whatever reason I’m just seeing the below regarding Non-OSS package creation if
using VMware.

Could I get some clarity on this please?  I’m not sure what it is meant by
VMware, NetApp, or other non-oss plug-ins.  Up to this point I’ve been using
the “normal” CloudStack CentOS package repo for the ACS installation.  Have I
done it all wrong?

### ACS 4.16 Guide:

If you need support for the VMware, NetApp, F5, NetScaler, SRX, or any other
non-Open Source Software (nonoss) plugins, you’ll need to download a few
components on your own and follow a slightly different procedure to build from
source.

Some of the plugins supported by CloudStack cannot be distributed with
CloudStack for licensing reasons. In some cases, some of the required
libraries/JARs are under a proprietary license. In other cases, the required
libraries may be under a license that’s not compatible with Apache’s licensing
guidelines for third-party products.

###

Mike Corey

Technology Senior Consultant, IT CS CTW Operation & Virtualization Service US

SAP AMERICA, INC. 3999 West Chester Pike, Newtown Square, 19073 United States

T +1 610 661 0905, M +1 484 274 2658, E mike.co...@sap.com

[cid:image002.png@01D806FA.EE5ECAD0]