From: Corey, Mike <mike.co...@sap.com>
Date: Tuesday, 29 March 2022 at 08:52
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org <users@cloudstack.apache.org>
Cc: Nicolas Vazquez <nicolas.vazq...@shapeblue.com>
Subject: RE: VMware Template - To read from OVA or NOT
Thanks for the reply.

Current ACS 4.16.0.

Deploying template on 4.15.1 had similar results when "Read VM settings from
OVA" was OFF - the OS would just spin at startup.  Why I started using the Read
OVA option.

When the option is OFF - I manually select the controller (lsilogicsas) and nic
(e1000).  One thing I notice is that when the VM deploys, ACS adds 3 additional
scsi controllers to the VM.  I thought that could be the issue; however, I
deleted the extra controllers from the VM and the OS still spins like something
isn't loading right.  Also, looking at the template settings, the
rootdiskconntroller says lsisas1068 instead of what I selected "lsilogicsas"
during template download.

Like I said, I feel like I've chased this tail before which is why I ended up
using the "read VM settings from OVA" setting.  However, the developer of our
front end web portal has me trying an image without the read OVA setting
because they think it will fix an API mismatch they have.

Was the "Read VM Settings from OVA" option always "default" in previous
versions?  In my notes, I have it was introduced in 4.15.1.

Mike