From: S.Fuller <steveful...@gmail.com>
Sent: 28 October 2022 17:36
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Live Migration fails - Cannot get interface MTU - No such device

I'm working on migrating an existing cluster to new servers, I have two new
servers, which I have tested by adding them to their own cluster within an
existing pod. I have been able to successfully complete live migrations between
these two servers. I then removed the servers from this test cluster, and added
them to the cluster that contains the nodes I want to retire. While I can move
VMs off of the new servers to the nodes I want to retire, when I attempt to
live migrate TO the new nodes, I receive the error in the subject of this post.

When the VM is running on a "new" node, the source bridge for it's network
interface is  "brbond1-<VLAN_ID>". When it's running on an "old" node it's
"breth2-<VLAN_ID>"

The new servers have a slightly different network configuration than the old
servers. The old servers had a single interface directly assigned to each of
the bridge networks, plus one for storage. The new servers have two bonded
interfaces (each with two physical nics assigned) which are then assigned to
the bridged networks.

Seeing as how the live migration worked between the new nodes in their own
cluster, as well as from the new nodes to the old nodes, I assumed migration
from the old nodes to the new ones should work as well. Not sure how to start
troubleshooting this and hoping the answer isn't "the network configurations
need to be identical"

--
Steve Fuller
steveful...@gmail.com