Jeremy and Robert,

Out of interest, which cpu profile are you passing through to the guest?

I've seen a lot of reports with 9.x and kernel panics when certain CPU
flags aren't being passed through, in particular x16 lahf popcnt sse4_1
sse4_2 ssse3.
Do you have the ability to set your guest.cpu.mode to "host-passthrough"
for the purposes of testing?

You'd do that by editing /etc/cloudstack/agent/agent.properties on your
host.
Look for guest.cpu.mode and replace it with =
guest.cpu.mode=host-passthrough
Then restart the agent.

-Si

--