Hi Carlo,

Ideally, the guest IPs served by external DHCP would be fetched by the
management server via hypervisor, I haven’t used it with KVM recently.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=53740797

Getting DHCP IP from the VM by CS
        1.  Retrieve the IP from the Vm and update in the CS DB.
           a. VmWare
              With the help of vmware tools, Vm IP will be read from the
information by the hypervisor
               Note: Required vmware tools needs to be installed in Vm.

         b.   XenServer
               Retrieve the VM IP from XenServer using the below command by
passing the VM name.
               #xe vm-list name-label=<vmname> params=networks
              The output is parsed to get the vm ip address.
              Note: Windows VM requires PV drivers to be installed to get the
VM IP.

         c. KVM
              Use the guestfish command in KVM host to read the VM dhcp lease
and parse it get the VM IP address.
              #guestfish --ro -i -d i-2-21-VM download
/var/lib/dhclient/dhclient-eth0.leases  -

             Note: Reading IP using guestfish command works for only Linux
guest VMs.

-Jithin