+1 to that

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephan Bienek <step...@bienek.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2023 9:15 AM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: VM Firewalls In Between Subnets

Hi Bryan,

sure you can, for example using multiple L2 networks connected to your virtual
appliance.
L2 network will not interfere with any services of your appliance, as there is
no virtual router involved.

Spreading the VMs to the different L2 networks, their only way to communicate
is via your appliance of choice.

Use L2 with ConfigDrive network offerings to keep the possibility of providing
UserData for Cloud-Init etc if required.

Using L2 networks with "specify VLAN" you could even use an maybe already
existing physical or virtual appliance outside of Cloudstack within the
specified VLANs.

Best regards,
Stephan