From: Wei ZHOU <ustcweiz...@gmail.com>
Date: Friday, 2 February 2024 at 7:13 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org <users@cloudstack.apache.org>
Subject: Re: VM Networking
EXTERNAL EMAIL: Please verify the sender email address before taking any
action, replying, clicking any link or opening any attachment.

> The virtual router IP is not able to ping from the host

If you add a firewall rule (ICMP/-1/-1) on the source nat IP, then the
source nat IP should be pingable from the host (normally yes, depending on
your network topology).

> vm instances

if VR IP is not pingable from the vm instances, there are definitely
some network misconfigurations. Please check the setting for vlan trunking
on your switch.

>  inside of the vm, virtual router and google.com (outside) is not
connected

same as above. If vm cannot reach VR, of course it can not reach the
Internet.

If the network (not cloudstack network) is configured correctly, plus
egress rule has been added, the VR should ping gateway/Internet, the VMs
should ping VR/internet without any problem.

-Wei