From: fa...@boccaciccio.it <fa...@boccaciccio.it>
Sent: Friday, February 9, 2024 2:05:57 pm
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org <users@cloudstack.apache.org>
Subject: Cloudstack Host HA

Hi all,

I have a question about host HA.
I have a cluster with KVM (QEMU emulator version 6.2.0) with NFS(v3)
primary storage.

I have dedicated 1 host in this cluster for HA but, when I tried to
shutting down another host in order to test HA functionality, it stops
with error: "Failed to get shared "write" lock Is another process using
the image".
Also, if I try to restart manually the VMs on any hosts, it fails with
the same error.
If I restart the hosts where the VMs were running, I'm able to start
them back with no issues

I made some investigation on this and found out this old issue
(https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/4567) which made me tought
that this should be already sorted.

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks in advance,