Hi,

I started testing with uefi on Ubuntu 22 KVM. I search the mailinglist and
found some discussion and problems with uefi secure mode on Ubuntu22 KVM.

Is there already a fix for "Guest has not initialized the display
(yet)."-prolem on console proxy?

For my test I added /etc/cloudstack/agent/uefi.properties with the following
values:

guest.nvram.template.secure=/usr/share/OVMF/OVMF_VARS.fd

guest.nvram.template.legacy=/usr/share/OVMF/OVMF_VARS.fd

guest.loader.secure=/usr/share/OVMF/OVMF_CODE.secboot.fd

guest.loader.legacy=/usr/share/OVMF/OVMF_CODE.fd

guest.nvram.path=/var/lib/libvirt/qemu/nvram/

I also added the following line to /etc/libvirt/qemu.conf:

nvram =
["/usr/share/OVMF/OVMF_CODE.secboot.fd:/usr/share/OVMF/OVMF_VARS.fd"]

I restarted the following services:

service libvirtd restart

service cloudstack-agent restart

I can see that CS is now showing the host as UEFI supported = true and CS
added a row to db table host_details:

| 7176 |       4 | host.uefi.enable                                   | true

I tried to disable UEFI support for this host by deleting the
uefi.properties file and deleted the added line in qemu.conf file. I
restarted both services.

It looks like CS is not being updated. UI still shows me UEFI supported =
true and db still shows me the row.

Is this expected? I know that there is a check if UEFI is supported by the
agent. This was implemented in 4.15 or 4.16 if I remember correctly. But is
there also a check which will disable the support for a host?

Is it save to just delete the row in the db?

Regards,

Swen