Gary, the mail does not display the screenshot for me. Also this is an old
version (4.15) I think you should upgrade.

What might be the root of your issue is that *you* have seen the physical
host crashed but CloudStack could not determine that. To prevent starting
the same VM twice it would withhold taking any action in such situations.

You may call this a bug or a "lack of feature", but the bottom line is that
this is expected behaviour.

I do not think a corrupt VR would crash a host.

--
Daan