From: Francisco Arencibia Quesada <arencibia.franci...@gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, 7 March 2024 at 4:03 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org <users@cloudstack.apache.org>
Subject: packer cloudstack
Good morning guys,

I'm  using packer, and I'm having some issues, I can't find many examples
online, at least for cloudstack. Do you guys have any template working to
point me in the right direction? My file complains about the boot_command
option:

source "cloudstack" "example" {
api_url = "http://X.X.X.X:8080/client/api";
api_key = "XXXXXXX"
secret_key = "XXXXXXX"
disk_offering = "Standard Custom"
disk_size = "20"
hypervisor = "XenServer"
network = "test-packer"
service_offering = "4-8"
source_iso = "Ubuntu 22.04.1 live server amd64"
zone = "EU-MAD1"
ssh_username = "user"
ssh_password = "packer"
template_name = "Ubuntu22.04.1-XCP-Packer"
template_display_text = "ubuntu-22.04.1-XCP-Packer"
template_featured = true
template_password_enabled = true
template_scalable = true
template_os = "Other PV (64-bit)"
http_directory = "http"
http_port_min = 8000
http_port_max = 8099
boot_command = [
"linux /install/vmlinuz noapic ",
"preseed/url=http://{{ .HTTPIP }}:{{ .HTTPPort }}/preseed.cfg ",
"debian-installer=en_US auto locale=en_US kbd-chooser/method=us ",
"hostname={{ user `Name` }} ",
"fb=false debconf/frontend=noninteractive ",
"keyboard-configuration/modelcode=SKIP keyboard-configuration/layout=USA ",
"keyboard-configuration/variant=USA console-setup/ask_detect=false ",
"initrd=/install/initrd.gz -- <enter>"
]

}

build {
sources = ["source.cloudstack.example"]

}

pressed.cfg

### set locales
d-i debian-installer/locale string en_US.UTF-8
d-i keyboard-configuration/xkb-keymap select us

### Network configuration
d-i netcfg/choose_interface select auto
d-i netcfg/get_hostname string ubuntu
d-i netcfg/get_domain string localdomain

### Ubuntu mirrors
d-i mirror/country string manual
d-i mirror/http/hostname string archive.ubuntu.com
d-i mirror/http/directory string /ubuntu
d-i mirror/http/proxy string

### credentials
d-i passwd/user-fullname string Ubuntu User
d-i passwd/username string ubuntu
d-i passwd/user-password password ubuntu
d-i passwd/user-password-again password ubuntu
d-i user-setup/allow-password-weak boolean true
d-i user-setup/encrypt-home boolean false

### Timezone configuration
d-i clock-setup/utc boolean true
d-i time/zone string UTC

### Disk partitioning
d-i partman-auto/method string regular
d-i partman-auto/choose_recipe select atomic

d-i partman-partitioning/confirm_write_new_label boolean true
d-i partman/choose_partition select finish
d-i partman/confirm boolean true
d-i partman/confirm_nooverwrite boolean true

### base system
d-i base-installer/kernel/override-image string linux-server

### Automatic updates
d-i pkgsel/update-policy select none

### Software selection
tasksel tasksel/first multiselect standard
d-i pkgsel/include string openssh-server

### GRUB install
d-i grub-installer/only_debian boolean true
d-i grub-installer/with_other_os boolean true

### Finish installation
d-i finish-install/reboot_in_progress note

Thank you all in advance
Regards

--
*Francisco Arencibia Quesada.*