Hi Wido,

I'm currently running Rocky Linux 9 for the HV.

> Why are you setting anything on cloudbr0? There is no need to create cloudbr0
> with VXLAN.

cloudbr0 is just a naming choice on my end. Is it okay for me to use something
like NetworkManager to create the bridge?

So, no need to create a VXLAN interface the as the bridge slave? Then how would
the bridge communicate through the VXLAN tunnels?

Assuming we're using VNI 10027.

lo (VTEP) <---- vxlan10027 (slave of bridge) <---- cloudbr0/cloudbr1

Shouldn't it be the same for the guest VNIs later on? E.g:

lo <---- vxlan1000 <---- vxlan1000br <---- vnet1 <---- Guest VM
                        ^
                        |---------------------vnet2 <---- Guest VM

> This /20 IPv4 is used for everything within CloudStack's communcation.
When talking about subnet size, the /20 is used for a couple of pods (row of
racks) and not just a single pod, correct?
How do you calculate to allocate the range for system VMs in a pod? Considering
maximum 16 hosts per cluster.
If let's say in the future we ran out of the /20 space (more than 4k host in a
zone), we can connect new /20 subnets via a router, right?

> In *agent.properties* we have only set 'private.network.device=cloudbr1'
I actually got an issue when trying to add a new KVM host before. I got the
error "resource not found". I was able to add the host if we restart the host
OS while adding the host in the web UI.
I don't really configure anything in the *agent.properties* file before adding
the host via the web UI. Did I did it wrong? Is there any deployment procedure
that you can share with me?

> You first need to make sure that the HV can ping all the other loopback
> addresses of the Leaf and Spine switches and all HVs can connect to eachother
> via their loopback addresses.
I can assure you that the spine switches, leaf switches and HV can all ping
each other via their loopback addresses. Just a note, all the L3 routing
between the switches and the HV is configured BGP unnumbered and eBGP.

Thank you and sorry if there are unrelated questions in the thread.

Best Regards,

Hanis Irfan