Greetings, everyone!

I'm having some trouble understanding how to properly setup fencing in my 
two-node cluster (Pacemaker + Corosync). I apologize beforehand if this exact 
question has been answered in the past, but I think the intricacies of my 
situation might be interesting enough to warrant yet another thread on this 
matter!

My setup consists of two virtual machines (the nodes of the cluster) running on 
two separate VMWare ESXi servers: VM 1 (CentOS 7) is running on ESXi 1; VM 2 
(another CentOS 7) is on ESXi 2. I have all resources except for fencing 
running as intended (DRBD, a virtual IP address, and a DHCP server). I have no 
access to any additional computing resources, both physical and virtual. Both 
nodes use one NIC for DRBD and Corosync (since it's a virtual environment, I 
thought this would be enough) and another one used exclusively for the DHCP 
server.

My idea for fencing this two-node cluster is the following:
. Setup one VMWare SOAP fencing agent on VM 1 that talks to ESXi 1. This agent 
would run exclusively on VM 1 and would only serve to fence VM 2;
. Another VMWare SOAP fencing agent on VM 2 that'll talk to ESXi 2. Yet again, 
this agent would run solely on VM 2 and would only fence VM 1.

Basically, the idea is to have them fence one another through the ESXi host 
they're running on.
Is this the right way to go? If so, how should I configure the fencing 
resource? If not, what should I change?

Thank you for your time.


Kind regards,
Gonçalo Lourenço
_______________________________________________
Users mailing list: [email protected]
http://clusterlabs.org/mailman/listinfo/users

Project Home: http://www.clusterlabs.org
Getting started: http://www.clusterlabs.org/doc/Cluster_from_Scratch.pdf
Bugs: http://bugs.clusterlabs.org

Reply via email to