Hi Ken, Hi Ulrich, Thank you for comment
The RA of mysql seemed to have a problem somehow or other from the beginning as far as I heard the opinion of Ken and Ulrich. I wait for the opinion of other people a little more, and I make a patch. Best Regards, Hideo Yamauchi. ----- Original Message ----- > From: Ulrich Windl <[email protected]> > To: [email protected]; [email protected] > Cc: > Date: 2015/11/5, Thu 16:11 > Subject: [ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: [Question] Question about mysql RA. > >>>> Ken Gaillot <[email protected]> schrieb am 04.11.2015 um > 16:44 in Nachricht > <[email protected]>: >> On 11/04/2015 04:36 AM, [email protected] wrote: > [...] >>> pid=`cat $OCF_RESKEY_pid 2> /dev/null ` >>> /bin/kill $pid > /dev/null >> >> I think before this line, the RA should do a "kill -0" to check > whether >> the PID is running, and return $OCF_SUCCESS if not. That way, we can >> still return an error if the real kill fails. > > And remove the stale PID file if there is no such pid. For very busy systems > one > could use ps for that PID to see whether the PID belongs to the expected > process. There is a small chance that a PID exists, but does not belong to > the > expected process... > >> >>> rc=$? >>> if [ $rc != 0 ]; then >>> ocf_exit_reason "MySQL couldn't be stopped" >>> return $OCF_ERR_GENERIC >>> fi >>> (snip) >>> --------------------------------------------------------- >>> >>> The mysql RA does such a code from old days. >>> * http://hg.linux-ha.org/agents/file/67234f982ab7/heartbeat/mysql >>> >>> Does mysql RA know the reason becoming this made? >>> Possibly is it a factor to be conscious of mysql cluster? >>> >>> I think about a patch of this movement of mysql RA. >>> I want to know the detailed reason. >>> >>> Best Regards, >>> Hideo Yamauchi. >> >> >> _______________________________________________ >> Users mailing list: [email protected] >> http://clusterlabs.org/mailman/listinfo/users >> >> Project Home: http://www.clusterlabs.org >> Getting started: http://www.clusterlabs.org/doc/Cluster_from_Scratch.pdf >> Bugs: http://bugs.clusterlabs.org > > > > > > _______________________________________________ > Users mailing list: [email protected] > http://clusterlabs.org/mailman/listinfo/users > > Project Home: http://www.clusterlabs.org > Getting started: http://www.clusterlabs.org/doc/Cluster_from_Scratch.pdf > Bugs: http://bugs.clusterlabs.org > _______________________________________________ Users mailing list: [email protected] http://clusterlabs.org/mailman/listinfo/users Project Home: http://www.clusterlabs.org Getting started: http://www.clusterlabs.org/doc/Cluster_from_Scratch.pdf Bugs: http://bugs.clusterlabs.org
