On 16/09/16 11:01 -0500, Ken Gaillot wrote:
> On 09/16/2016 10:43 AM, Auer, Jens wrote:
>> thanks for the help.
>>
>>> I'm not sure what you mean by "the device the virtual ip is attached
>>> to", but a separate question is why the resource agent reported that
>>> restarting the IP was successful, even though that device was
>>> unavailable. If the monitor failed when the device was made unavailable,
>>> I would expect the restart to fail as well.
>>
>> I created the virtual ip with parameter nic=bond0, and this is the
>> device I am bringing down and was referring to in my question. I
>> think the current behavior is a little inconsistent. I bring down
>> the device and pacemaker recognizes this and restarts the resource.
>> However, the monitor then should fail again, but it just doesn't
>> detect any problems.
>
> That is odd. Pacemaker is just acting on what the resource agent
> reports, so the issue will be in the agent.

I'd note that IPaddr2 agent attempts to bring the network interface
(back) up if not already on start so this appears, perhaps against
one's liking and expectations (if putting it down is considered
a sufficiently big hammer to observe a service failover),
as a magic "self-healing" :-)

Would "rmmod <interface-driver-module>" be a better hammer of choice?

--
Jan (Poki)