On 2016-09-20 09:53, Ken Gaillot wrote:

I do think ifdown is not quite the best failure simulation, since there
aren't that many real-world situation that merely take an interface
down. To simulate network loss (without pulling the cable), I think
maybe using the firewall to block all traffic to and from the interface
might be better.

Or unloading the driver module to simulate NIC hardware failure.

Dep. on how close you look at the interface it may or may not matter that pulling the cable/the other side going down will result in NO CARRIER whereas firewalling it off will not.

Dima