Hi Ulrich!

On 02/16/2017 03:31 PM, Ulrich Windl wrote:
Eric Ren <z...@suse.com> schrieb am 16.02.2017 um 04:50 in Nachricht
<ae65ce9d-ef8b-1e13-faf1-217c8a5c0...@suse.com>:
Hi,

On 11/09/2016 12:37 AM, Marc Smith wrote:
Hi,

First, I realize ocf:lvm2:VolumeGroup comes from the LVM2 package and
not resource-agents, but I'm hoping someone on this list is familiar
with this RA and can provide some insight.

In my cluster configuration, I'm using ocf:lvm2:VolumeGroup to manage
my LVM VG's, and I'm using the cluster to manage DLM and CLVM. I have
my constraints in place and everything seems to be working mostly,
except I'm hitting a glitch with ocf:lvm2:VolumeGroup and the initial
probe operation.

On startup, a probe operation (monitor) is issued for all of the
resources, but ocf:lvm2:VolumeGroup is returning OCF_ERR_GENERIC in
VolumeGroup_status() (via VolumeGroup_monitor()) since clvmd hasn't
started yet... this line in VolumeGroup_status() is the trouble:

VGOUT=`vgdisplay -v $OCF_RESKEY_volgrpname 2>&1` || exit $OCF_ERR_GENERIC

When clvmd is not running, 'vgdisplay -v name' will always return
something like this:

--snip--
    connect() failed on local socket: No such file or directory
    Internal cluster locking initialisation failed.
    WARNING: Falling back to local file-based locking.
    Volume Groups with the clustered attribute will be inaccessible.
      VG name on command line not found in list of VGs: biggie
    Volume group "biggie" not found
    Cannot process volume group biggie
--snip--

And exits with a status of 5. So, my question is, do I patch the RA?
Or is there some cluster constraint I can add so a probe/monitor
operation isn't performed for the VolumeGroup resource until CLVM has
been started?

Any other advice? Is ocf:heartbeat:LVM or ocf:lvm2:VolumeGroup the
more popular RA for managing LVM VG's? Any comments from other users
on experiences using either (good, bad)?
I had a little bit experience on "ocf:heartbeat:LVM". Each volume group
needs an
independent resource agent of it. Something like:
You mean "an independent resource instance (primitive)"?
Yes, I meant it for "ocf:heartbeat:LVM". And, I cannot find
"OCF:lvm2:VolumeGroup" on
SLES.
One RA should be good for all VGs ;-)
Oh, really? if so, why "params volgrpname" is required?

"""
crm(live)configure# ra info ocf:heartbeat:LVM
Parameters (*: required, []: default):

volgrpname* (string): Volume group name
    The name of volume group.
"""

And I failed to show "OCF:lvm2:VolumeGroup":
"""
crm(live)configure# ra info ocf:lvm2:
ocf:lvm2:clvmd     ocf:lvm2:cmirrord
"""

Am I missing something?

Thanks for your input:)
Eric

"""
primitive vg1 LVM \
          params volgrpname=vg1 exclusive=true \
          op start timeout=100 interval=0 \
          op stop timeout=40 interval=0 \
          op monitor interval=60 timeout=240
"""

And, "dlm" and "clvm" resource agents are grouped and then cloned like:
"""
group base-group dlm clvm
clone base-clone base-group \
          meta target-role=Started interleave=true
"""

Then, put an "order" constraint like:
"""
order base_first_vg1 inf: base-clone vg1
"""

Does "ocf:lvm2:VolumeGroup" can follow the same pattern?

Thanks,
Eric
Both appear to achieve the
same function, just a bit differently.