On 7/19/2017 1:29 AM, Ulrich Windl wrote:

Maybe it's like with the cluster: Once you have set it up correctly,
it runs quite well, but the wy to get there may be painful. I quit my
experiments with dual-primary DRBD in some early SLES11 (SP1), because
it fenced a lot and refused to come up automatically after fencing. That
may have been a configuration problem, but with the docs at hand at that
time, I preferred to quit and try something else.

I'm losing the point of this thread very fast, it seems. How is drbd cluster that exports images on floating ip *not* a nas? Why would you need an active-active storage if you can't run the same vm on two hosts at once?

Anyway, +1: if I were building a vm infrastructure, I'd take a closer look at ceph myself. And openstack: it was a PITA when I played with it a couple of years ago but it sounds like a dual-primary drbd on top of lvm with corosync on the side's gonna be at least as bad.

Dima