Eric Robinson <eric.robin...@psmnv.com> wrote:
Which aspects of its constraints handling do you like, and why?  I'm curious,
since I wasn't aware that it was significantly different from crmsh in this
respect.

Well, to be fair, in the past I have always configured my clusters by
using 'crm configure edit' and building the config in a full-screen
editor, and then saving it. Using that method, I have often had trouble
getting my colocations and orderings to work properly.

So don't do it that way? ;-)  crm lets you edit one constraint at a time,
just like pcs.

You have to use parenthesis and brackets to group things

You don't actually, that's only required in more complex cases.

and when you're done and save it, the cluster sometimes re-writes your
statements for you. When you edit the config again, it looks different
than what you typed and the resource dependencies are not what you
wanted. It's very frustrating.

I've never experienced that.  Please could you give some specific
examples?

With pcs, the colocation syntax 'constraint add resource1 with
resource2' and order syntax 'resource2 then resource1" are very
intuitive, and cumulative.

Here are the equivalents for comparison (I think - not tested):

   location r1-with-r2 resource1 inf: resource2
   order r1-before-r2 mandatory: resource1 resource2

So yeah, the pcs syntax is mildly simpler, but it's hardly an
earth-shattering differences, and perhaps it hides some other details,
like the nature and threshold of the constraint?