>  If pacemaker is managing a resource, the service should not be enabled to
> start on boot (regardless of init or systemd). Pacemaker will start and stop
> the service as needed according to the cluster configuration.

Apache startup is disabled in systemctl, and there is no apache script in
/etc/init.d

>Additionally, your pacemaker configuration is using the apache OCF script, so
>the cluster won't use /etc/init.d/apache2 at all (it invokes the httpd binary
>directly).
>
>Keep in mind that the httpd monitor action requires the status module to be
>enabled -- I assume that's already in place.

Yes, that is enabled, according to apache2ctl -M.

The resource configuration is

Primitive  ncoa_apache apache \
        Params configfile="/etc/apache2/httpd.conf"\
        Op monitor internval=40s timeout=60s\
        Meta target-role=Started

When I start the resource, crm status shows it in 'starting' mode, but never
gets to 'Started'.

There is one process running "/bin/sh /usr/lib/ocf/resources.d/heartbeat/apache
start"  but the httpd processes never come up.  What's worse, with that process
running, the cluster resource can't migrate; I have to kill it before the
cluster will finish cleanup and start  on the new node.  'crm resource cleanup
ncoa_apache' hangs, as well.

Apache starts up just fine from the systemctl command, so it's not the Apache
config that's broken.

Suggestions?

John Reynolds SMUnix