>>> Donat Zenichev <donat.zenic...@gmail.com> schrieb am 21.10.2019 um 09:12
in
Nachricht
<CANLwQCn2MC60R9LpVqaz85w7-ozDvYKmgiNqjx-LZRXo+m=x...@mail.gmail.com>:
> Hello and sorry for soo late response of mine, I somehow missed your
answer.

> Sure let me share a bit of useful information on the count.
> First of all the system specific things are:
> - Hypervisor is a usual VMware product - VSphere
> - VMs OS is: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
> - Pacemaker is of version: 1.1.18-0ubuntu1.1
>
> And yes it's IProute, that has a version - 4.15.0-2ubuntu1
>
> To be mentioned that after I moved to another way of handling this (with
> set failure-timeout ) I haven't seen any errors so far, on-fail action
> still remains "restart".
> But it's obvious, failure-timeout just clears all fail counters for me, so
> I don't see any fails now.

Failures should be logged in logfiles still. failure-timeout also does not
prevent a restart on failure; it just extends the number of restart attempts.

> Another thing to be mentioned, that monitor functionality for IPaddr2
> resource was failing in the years past as well, I just didn't pay much
> attention on that.
> That time VM machines under my control were working over Ubuntu 14.04 and
> hypervisor was - Proxmox of the branch 5+ (cannot exactly remember the
> version, perhaps that was 5.4+).
>
> For one this could be a critical case indeed, since sometimes an absence of
> IP address (for a certain DB for e.g. with loading of hundreds of thousands
> SQL requests) can lead to a huge out age.
> I don't have the first idea of how to investigate this further. But, I have
> a staging setup where my hands are not tied, so let me know if we can
> research something.

We had a similar case for the NFS server, and I added a script that does the
same monitoring as the RA, but logs what the command outputs in case the output
changed. Unfortunately I did not see the error since I added the script ;-)

> And have a nice day!

Regards,
Ulrich