On Wed, 2020-03-18 at 11:14 +0100, wf...@niif.hu wrote:
> Ken Gaillot <kgail...@redhat.com> writes:
>
> > The crm_mon tool for showing cluster status will have --include and
> > --
> > exclude options to pick and choose which types of information you
> > want
> > it to display.
>
> Cool!  Let me add a related idea: what about providing a way to
> filter
> the list of displayed resources?  To be most generic, by XPath (no
> node
> info then?), but resource type and name regexps might be more
> practical
> in most cases.  For example, from time to time I wish I could exclude
> the STONITH resources from the list.  Then maybe sort the result
> alphabetically by name... :) What's the default order, by the way?
> 1.1.16 seems mostly, but not entirely random.

Those are interesting ideas. We do have two such ideas for the near
term, to be able to filter the nodes and resources by name.

Xpath would be powerful but crm_mon is intended to be useful without
any XML knowledge so I'd hesitate on that. Regular expressions are
interesting though.

What we're thinking is that crm_mon will take options to filter nodes
and resources, and you can provide is either a single name, or a tag
name, which will be looked up in the configuration. Tags are a "been
there forever" feature in pacemaker but have not been used hardly at
all. You can "tag" any nodes or resources, then you'd be able to use
that tag name with crm_mon.

It might be interesting to allow tags to match patterns and not just
literal names. Future feature ...
--
Ken Gaillot <kgail...@redhat.com>