Dne 21. 04. 22 v 17:26 john tillman napsal(a):
Dne 20. 04. 22 v 20:21 john tillman napsal(a):
On 20.04.2022 19:53, john tillman wrote:

     Date:             Wed Apr 20 16:05:07 2022

         to_syslog: yes
         timestamp: on
         debug: on
         syslog_priority: debug
         logfile_priority: debug
     }

Fencing is disabled.

That won't work.

I've also looked in "corosync.log" but I don't know what to look for
diagnose this issue.  I mean there are many lines similar to:
[QUORUM] This node is within the primary component and will provide
service.
and
[VOTEQ ] Sending quorum callback, quorate = 1
and
[VOTEQ ] flags: quorate: Yes Leaving: No WFA Status: No First: Yes
Qdevice: No QdeviceAlive: No QdeviceCastVote: No QdeviceMasterWins: No

Is there something specific I should look for in the log?

So can a two node cluster work after booting only one node?  Maybe it
never will and I am wasting a lot of time, yours and mine.

If it can, what else can I investigate further?

Before node can start handling resources it needs to know status of
other node. Without successful fencing there is no way to accomplish
it.

Yes, you can tell pacemaker to ignore unknown status. Depending on your
resources this could simply prevent normal work or lead to data
corruption.

Makes sense.  Thank you.

Perhaps some future enhancement could allow for this situation?  I mean,
It might be desirable for some cases to allow for a single node to boot,
determine quorum by two_node=1 and wait_for_all=0, and start resources
without ever seeing the other node.  Sure, there are dangers of split
brain but I can see special cases where I want the node to work alone
for
a period of time despite the danger.

Hi John,

How about 'pcs quorum unblock'?

Regards,
Tomas

Tomas,

Thank you for the suggestion.  However it didn't work.  It returned:
Error: unable to check quorum status
   crm_mon: Error: cluster is not available on this node
I checked pacemaker, just in case, and it still isn't running.

John,

As discussed in other branches of this thread, you need to figure out why pacemaker is not starting. Even if one node is not running, corosync and pacemaker are expected to be able to start on the other node. Then, once you unblock quorum on the running node, it will start cluster resources.

I very curious how I could convince the cluster to start its resources on
one node in the event that the other node is not able to boot.  But I'm

Figure out why pacemaker is not starting.

afraid the answer is either to use fencing or add a third node to the
cluster or both.

Well, fencing is absolutely needed in any case.

Tomas

-John

Thank you again.