On Wed, 31 Jan 2024 15:41:28 +0100
Adam Cecile <acec...@le-vert.net> wrote:
[...]

> Thanks a lot for your suggestion, it seems I have something that work
> correctly now, final configuration is:

I would recommend configuring in an offline CIB then pushing it to production
as a whole. Eg.:

  # get current CIB
  pcs cluster cib cluster1.xml

  # edit offline CIB
  pcs -f cluster1.xml resource create Internal-IPv4 ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2 \
    ip=10.0.0.254 nic=eth0 cidr_netmask=24 op monitor interval=30

  [...]
  [...]

  pcs -f cluster1.xml stonith create vmfence fence_vmware_rest \
    pcmk_host_map="gw-1:gw-1;gw-2:gw-2;gw-3:gw-3" \
    ip=10.1.2.3 ssl=1 username=corosync@vsphere.local \
    password=p4ssw0rd ssl_insecure=1

  # push offline CIB to production
  pcs cluster cib-push scope=configuration cluster1.xml

> I have a quick one regarding fencing. I disconnected eth0 from gw-3 and
> the VM has been restarted automatically, so I guess it's the fencing
> agent that kicked in. However, I left the VM in such state (so it's seen
> offline by other nodes) and I thought it would end up being powered off
> for good. However, it seems fencing agent is keeping it powered on. Is
> that expected ?

The default action of this fencing agent is "reboot". Check the VM uptime to
confirm it has been rebooted. If you want it to shutdown the VM, add
"action=off"

Regards,