Yury Mikhienko wrote:
On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 10:25:56 -0400
Geoff Howard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Yury Mikhienko wrote:

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 09:43:27 -0400
Geoff Howard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Sometime ago this question was already asked on cocoon-dev list, but setup() method is not implemented in serializers at this time ((

Hope that clears it up,

Geoff

Yes, you are right, but implementation of the setup() method make serialize step more flexible.

It was decided to purposely deny that flexibility. You should be able achieve anything you need to with matchers and selectors.

Ok, you set the rules. ;))

Well, it wasn't "me" but "we" (before I was part of "we" incidentally) but i do think I get the logic.

However "we" (including you) set the rules, so if you think you have a good case for adding this feature, don't be afraid to bring it up on [EMAIL PROTECTED] First, search the archives to see if you can find and understand the original reasoning (if not ask on dev). Then, explain your use and ask for opinions about whether this should challenge the original decision. Only be ready to accept alternative solutions which preserve other important architectural protections.

Geoff