Horsfield, Peter A. wrote:

I didn't actually convert XML into SVG but we did this:

          Pipeline 1                    Pipeline 2
          ==========                    ==========

          SVG Drawing              Good/Bad XML Data
                            Merge XSLT

                           Serialize SVG/PNG

We used the document() function to read secondary XML data into the XSLT. Then we modified the SVG based on the data.

AFAIK it's generally not recommended to use the document() function in Cocoon, but rather aggregation:

http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/sitemap.html#Aggregating

because document() breaks "Separation of Concerns"
(the XML processing setup is managed by the sitemap).

Andreas