On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 14:20, Marcin Okraszewski wrote:
> Hi.
> I have problem with encoding of Woody webforms. I tried registration
> sample and when I write non-us characters the form comes refilled with
> two strange singns instead of one I've inputed ("coÅ" is converted to
> "coÃâ").
>
> How to manage with this?

It's a problem with the default configuration of Cocoon, but it's easy
to fix:

* edit the web.xml file, and uncomment the form-encoding init parameter
and set it to UTF-8 (do NOT touch the container-encoding parameter)

* edit the root sitemap.xmap, and set the encoding of the html
serializer to UTF-8:

    <map:serializer logger="sitemap.serializer.html"
mime-type="text/html" name="html" pool-grow="4" pool-max="32"
pool-min="4" src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.HTMLSerializer">
      <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
    </map:serializer>

this should fix it.

Background information on this can be found at:
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=RequestParameterEncoding

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]