I found some answers but not all.

I miss one thing.
When i create a document from an xsp (parameters comes from a post), the flow is encoded twice is that normal ?

At 15:13 10/12/2003 +0100, you wrote:
Hi,

I' have some real problems to with my encoding.

My application get some parameters from the form and create a document with an xsp.
After that, I'm using DOM and SAX transformers, generators, etc ... to manipulate the XML document.

I'm trying to figure out, what should I configure to get the special characters (§, °, etc ...) to work.

For example,

With the ° character, I tried several ways to encode but none works.

If I have ° encoding in UTF-8. IE display it like that.
If I have ° encoding in ISO-8859-1, IE understand but the the transformers or generators don't understand and modify it in ? (custom SAX Transformer do that) or ° (custom DOM transformer do that).
In my SAX transformer, I did not specify some special encodingor characters mappings).
In my DOM transformer, I have to get the Stream and put it in a DOM the serialize it, usually I write :

docString = org.apache.cocoon.xml.XMLUtils.serializeNode(doc, this.formatModification);
byte[] bytesDoc = docString.trim().getBytes("UTF-8");

I want my cocoon to use only UTF-8 encoding. Is there a stable way to do this ?

I read some articles on wiki and try to find a solution but it doesn't work.

Articles I have read.
- RequestParameterEncoding
- outputencoding

Any help would be really appreciate.

Lionel

Lionel CRINE
Ingénieur Systèmes documentaires
Société : 4DConcept
22 rue Etienne de Jouy 78353 JOUY EN JOSAS
Tel : 01.34.58.70.70 Fax : 01.39.58.70.70