joakim verona wrote:

Hello list,

I want to make a query front end to the IMDB movie database.

To do this, I have a cocoon matcher that receives a query parameter and pass it along to the IMDB query url.

Very simple. But how do I URL encode the query parameterin the sitemap? This is not done automatically.

Yep, I originally thought the RawRequestParamInputModule would do this, but apparently, it won't. There are threads in the archives about the raw-request-param module. The solution is to write a metamodule that will URLEncode (or decode) a given string... this has been on my plate for a while, and may actually get done within the next couple weeks.

<snip>

It seems the {} tags can contain jxpath expressions, can this be used to call the URLEncode funtion?

I'm not too familliar with all the inner workings of jxpath, or calling functions from it, so I would guess that you'd just have to experiment. IMO the cleanest solution is a URLEncodingMetaModule...

/Joakim

Regards,

Tony