Oscar Picasso wrote:
Hi,

I have a Java application that can generate Postscript or PDF to OutputStreams.
I would like to be able serve these OutputStreams with Cocoon.

I have looked at ReaderResource but it seems to read resources from the file
system.

The cleanest way would be to wrap your components with a class that implement the Source interface and use it directly from the ResourceReader:

<map:read src="myscheme:whatever"/>

You can find a detailed example in Langham & Ziegeler's book "Cocoon: Building XML Applications" (New Riders).

Alternatively, you can copy&paste ResourceReader and change "inputSource.getInputStream" to "myComponent.getInputStream" etc.

Ugo