Flavio Palumbo wrote:

Hi Nacho,

thank you for the replay, I tried to follow your cues but I didn't solve
it.

I tried to modify the authentication block samples sitemap as follow :
<map:pipeline>

<!-- ========================================= -->
<!-- Logout link which invalidates the session -->
<!-- ========================================= -->
<map:match pattern="protected/do-logout">
<map:act type="auth-protect">
<map:parameter name="handler" value="demohandler"/>

         <map:generate type="serverpages" src="docs/prova.xsp">
          <map:parameter name="ups" value="{request:remoteUser}"/>
         </map:generate>
         <map:serialize/>
         <map:act type="auth-logout"/>
         <map:redirect-to uri="login"/>
       </map:act>
     </map:match>
   </map:pipeline>

and prova.xsp looks like below :

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsp:page xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp";
         xmlns:xsp-request="http://apache.org/xsp/request/2.0";
xmlns:util="http://apache.org/xsp/util/2.0";>

<page>
<xsp:logic>System.out.println("prova.xsp"+<util:get-sitemap-parameter
name="ups"/>);</xsp:logic>
</page>
</xsp:page>

but in the output of the console I'm not able to find the user ID.

May you help me find where I mistake ?

As far as I know, actions have to take place before page production.. In your use case, what you need is that when a logout is correctly done, you log the event and then redirect the user, I would do it like this:

<map:match pattern="protected/do-logout">
<map:act type="auth-protect">
<map:parameter name="handler" value="demohandler"/> <map:act type="auth-logout">
<map:act type="xsp-action" src="docs/prova.xsp">
<map:parameter name="ups" value="{session-context:authentication/ID}"/>
<map:redirect-to uri="login"/>
</map:act>
</map:act>
</map:act>
</map:match>

Note that I take the parameter from the authentication context, not from the request.. I don't think that the auth fw's follows the http authentication lines and saves the user in the request..