Hi,

I'm using Cocoon 2.1.5.1 w/ Jetty 4.2.15. xalan was throwing a SAXException trying to write a character (U2026, &hellip) that's not reppresentable "in the specified output encoding iso-8859-1".

I made sure I had <xml:output encoding="UTF-8"> everywhere, but the problem persisted. Finally I figured out that I needed to check the encoding parameters in web.xml. Sure enough, container-encoding and form-encoding were not set, and the comments indicate that they default to iso-8859-1.

So I set the container-encoding to UTF-8, and that didn't have any effect. Only when I set form-encoding to UTF-8 did my problem go away. The thing is, the character that was causing the problem isn't coming from the request! I expected container-encoding to be the one that would effect the behavior I was seeing.

So, am I just not understanding something correctly? Or is it a bug, and if so is it a problem with Cocoon or with Jetty?

Cheers,
Mark