Joerg Heinicke wrote:
package net.php does not exist
    public class PhpServlet extends net.php.servlet implements Runnable {

Also strange. Cocoon comes with mock objects for the case you have not put a php jar into your setup. Normally this works fine. For the case you don't need the php block you should simply exclude it from your build (see blocks.properties for more information). Otherwise put a php jar into lin/local.

I won't be wanting PHP anyway so it'll get excluded eventually.

and then dozens of warnings that @something cannot be used, or can't be found, or the reference isn't found.

This is no problem I think. It's just Javadoc claiming about unknown tags.

<grr>Javadoc</grr>

Umm...now that it's built OK, I moved webapps to tomcat/webapps/cocoon
and copied the xalan etc, and restarted tomcat, but tomcat says Servlet
Cocoon is not available.

<sigh/> It was sooo much easier with a .war file.

///Peter