[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Zitat von Upayavira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hello, Cocoon world!

Currently I am deciding wether to use Cocoon or the PDFLib to poduce PDF
documentes over a web application. A very important question for me is the
following: Can I produce PDF/X compatible files or is there another way to

get

CMYK colour schemes in PDF documents with Cocoon?

In the hope that someone here is able to help me,

Greetings and Good Byte

You are not comparing like with like. Cocoon uses Apache FOP to create
PDFs. You should be comparing FOP with PDFLib.

You could just as well use Cocoon to create PDFs with PDFLib as with
FOP, you'd just need to write a PDFLibSerializer.

Now, PDFLib seems to be a native application, not Java based. So, it
depends also whether you want to be doing it in Java or not.

Regards, Upayavira

Hello Upayavira.

Thx for your reply. What I am most interested in is whether the PDF files
produced by FOP can be used by our print office. The print office needs the
CMYK colour scheme used in the produced PDF documents and as I as far as I know
that is guaranteed if one uses PDF/X. Thats why I need to know if there is a
way to use Cocoon with FOP to produce PDF/X. I couldn't find anything on the
web.

I'd suggest you join the FOP users mailing list and ask there:

http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/maillist.html

Regards, Upayavira