Hi,,

Thanks for all the feedback.  As I thought more about
my requirements of counting nodes in the documents, I
realized that writing a SAX parser to do such a trick
would quite simple and more efficient than XSLT and
DOM afaik.  I thank you again for the info, which I
have found valuable in my analysis.

Regards,
Julian

--- Dan Durkin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Julian,
>
> You may want to look using the cinclude transformer
> and then some
> additional xslt transformations for the merging
> logic.
>
> HTH,
>
> Dan
>

> Julian wrote:
> > Mark,
> >
> > Does XSLT stream or does it use DOM via Cocoon
> > pipelines?  I plan on doing some further
> processing of
> > the merged document afterwards and thinking of
> using
> > XSLT there too.  If you want more details, I
> > summarized the overall process below.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Julian
> >

> > *********
> > My goal is to count the number of given elements
> in
> > the original documents.  My plan is to merge the
> > documents and then pass the merged document
> through a
> > stylesheet that would give me a count of the
> number of
> > child nodes within certain parent nodes with given
> id
> > attributes.  The count would be placed into a new
> XML
> > doc. via XSLT that would be 10kb of less, and that
> > would be easily loaded into DOM and parsed.

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> For additional commands, e-mail:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Live simply so others may simply live.

-Ghandi

Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate.
"Entities should not be multiplied unneccesarily"

-William of Occam