[My apologies for crossposting, but I don't know which community is best
placed to answer this one.]

I am going to be using Cocoon to serve a large and varied collection of
XML documents and I'd like to use eXist as the search system. Cocoon is
running happily within Tomcat on port 80 as the default application (by
moving ROOT out of the way and renaming cocoon to ROOT within webapps)
because I don't want users confused with :8080/cocoon in the URIs.

1. Where do I put the exist directory? (It was unwrapped from the .war
   file earlier when I tested it, before I moved ROOT). I've tried it in
   the Ccocoon directory, but that seems to create problems finding the
   classes (see http://minerva.ucc.ie/exist/).

2. The eXist documentation seems to imply that eXist comes with its own
   copy of Cocoon. Is this true, and if so, when I start writing
   queries, how will I make it use my existing Cocoon (or do I need to)?

3. Is all this even possible, or do I have to go back to keeping cocoon
   and exist as siblings within the original ROOT? If so, how can I
   still get rid of the /cocoon token from the default URIs?

///Peter