From: Andrew Stevens [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, March 05, 2006 2:31 PM
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: RE: metrics for cocoon vs web sphere

>From: "Sabinay_Swain" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 14:06:39 +0530
>
>Hi,
>

>I am searching for a cocoon VS Web Sphere metrics we r trying to run
the
>cocoon 2.1.2 application with web sphere 5.1.X we r getting the
>following error

Do you mean performance metrics, or something else?  The error you are
getting is a problem with the XML being passed through the pipeline,
which
is unlikely to be due to performance unless perhaps it only happens
under
high load.  Does every request for /home/index.html produce the error,
or
only sometimes?

>Message: javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
>org.xml.sax.SAXException: Invalid processing instruction name
>(saxon:warning)

Sounds like at some point in your pipeline, a Saxon XSL transformer is
using
a stylesheet (or perhaps is processing an XML stream) containing a PI it

doesn't understand.  Probably it begins with something other than <?xml
version="1.0" encoding=...?>, or perhaps is totally empty (though I'd
have
expected that to complain about no root element being found).  Without
more
details of the pipeline & XML you're using, we can only guess.  Have you

tried using a view to dump out the contents of your pipeline at various
points, to see which pipeline component causes the problem?

Andrew.

DISCLAIMER:
intended recipient/s and may contain material that is CONFIDENTIAL AND PRIVATE
COMPANY INFORMATION. Any review or reliance by others or copying or
STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
sender by email and delete all copies; your cooperation in this regard is
appreciated.