On Jan 4, 2007, at 3:23 AM, CHARLIER Cyril wrote:

I want to focus on a widget in the flowScript but i don't find a setFocus() function or anything else to do it.

Browser focus is client-side.  Flowscript is server-side.

When/why are you wanting to set the focus? Do you just want to initialize it when the page loads? If so, just add some client-side javascript to your page to do this in the usual way.

There you go Cyril, translate that! :-) :-)
=================================

As an aside... it would be a nice thing for a client-side library JS to give the ability to do this declaratively, e.g.

        <input initial-focus="true" ...>

Then we could drive that from the form template layer, e.g.

        <ft:widget id="name">
                <fi:styling initial-focus="true"/>
        </ft:widget>

Furthermore... .I don't think we currently have a way to drive <fi:styling> from flowscript, but it could be added:

        someWidget.setStyling ('initial-focus', 'true');

Then if there were really a need to do this from flowscript (e.g., conditionally), we could support it directly (including from an event handler, e.g. action button click or AJAX event change).

—ml—