Martin Holmes wrote:
I'm having trouble getting a match to trigger when the URL has a hash followed by a query string. This is my match pattern:

<map:match pattern="article.htm">

It works fine when the url is something like this:

...article.htm?id=EMLS3-2FITTNOCT&searchString=nocturne

but not if the URL is like this:

...article.htm#hit10?id=EMLS3-2FITTNOCT&searchString=nocturne

In other words, the presence of the #hit10 hash component in the url causes the match to fail. I've tried variations such as

article.htm | article.htm#*

but I can't get any of them to match.

What's the right way to do this?

Your URLs are constructed incorrectly. Everything after the hash should never get sent to the server. It's purely for use by the browser. You need to set them up like this:

   .../article.htm?id=EMLS3-2FITTNOCT&searchString=nocturne#hit10

-Dom