Stephen Winnall wrote:
validation is off by default but can be activated, again only in Cocoon 2.2

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that it was impossible to write a complete XML schema for the current version of the sitemap. I thought all attempts hitherto were only approximations. One of the major problems is that any extensions a user writes (actions, transformations, etc.) might introduce new elements and attributes into the sitemap which the schema cannot know about a priori. I was looking for a solution where any valid sitemap could be validated against the schema, which seems to me to imply a change in the structure of sitemaps.

This is perhaps one of those occasions when a modular DTD might make more sense than a Schema, because local changes can be implemented and tested in the internal subset without the need to coordinate global changes to the distribution. What you lose in data content validation is probably compensated for in additional flexibility.

///Peter