Hi,

New year, new webmail; hopefully google mangles embedded xml less than
hotmail :-)

I have a new requirement for one of our sites to allow the users to
upload some files.  However, I read in the Cocoon docs/wiki that
switching on the enable-uploads init parameter will make it use the
multipart request factory etc. on all requests it receives.  This
seems to me like a lot of unnecessary work (and either disk IO or heap
churn) when only a couple of pipelines will be processing the uploaded
files.

Since the URLs that will handle the file Part(s) are all in a specific
area of the site (a subdirectory requiring the user to have logged
in), I was wondering whether it was possible to configure Cocoon (with
a regex, say) to only use the multipart parser on a subset of the URL
space.  If not, would this be a considered a generally useful feature
if I can come up with a patch?

Andy.
--
http://pseudoq.sourceforge.net/  Open source java Sudoku application