On Mon, 2008-03-17 at 06:01 -0500, Insight 49, LLC wrote:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > On Tue, 2008-03-11 at 09:04 +0100, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,

> > > Did you have a look at http://www.wallandbinkley.com/quaedam/?p=104 ?
> > >
> > > It shows a method using the Webdav transformer, that should work to
> > > post XML data to Solr.
> > >

> > Another way is http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrForrest. It is reported
> > to work with 2.2 and 2.1.
> >
> > salu2
> >
> Thanks for all your help. I saw the Forrest plug in, but don't
> understand how to compile it for -- or make it work with -- Cocoon.

Hmm, did you really read above wiki page, since there you can find:
"...
To use the plugin in your custom project please do the following

     1. svn co [WWW] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/trunk
        forrest (this checkout is our $FORRESST_HOME)

     2. cd $FORRESST_HOME/main; ./build.sh

     3. cd

$FORRESST_HOME/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.solr

     4. $FORRESST_HOME/tools/ant/bin/ant local-deploy

     5. cp

$FORRESST_HOME/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.solr/build/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.solr.jar
 $cocoon_webapp/WEB-INF/lib/
..."

Then the rest is the same in cocoon since forrest is a cocoon based
application.

salu2