Yep,

I understand, but as I wrote, this was just a test. Maybe some wiser person could tell you how to get back to relative path. Maybe you could make, if you are using Linux, some symbolic link to your file from the "root" or utilize these:

Inside your components, you can also use these protocols whenever you have a SourceResolver handy.

   * context:// - get a resource using the servlet context
   * cocoon:/ - get a pipeline from the current sitemap
   * cocoon:// - get a pipeline using the root sitemap
   * resource:// - get a resource from the context classloader

- mika -

Johannes Hoechstaedter kirjoitti:
Sorry Mika, whe it hits you too hard, what I wrote. The problem is now: It works, but I don't want it this way :(

Johannes Hoechstaedter schrieb:
Go away with absolute paths !!!!

Lehtonen, Mika schrieb:
Hi Johannes,

maybe you could try absolute path like:

   * UNIX ... file:///foo/bar/this.xsl
   * Windows ... file:///C:/foo/bar/this.xsl

Just to make sure that the file is fetched from the right location.

- mika -

Johannes Hoechstaedter kirjoitti:
The value of the variable $filename is correct, because I use this variable three times in the same stylesheet within xi:include statements, and it works. So the output of <xsl:value-of select="$filename" /> is correct. The output of <xsl:value-of select="document($filename)/*" /> is empty, and I get no error. Just an empty value, where should be a value.

The file is located in "COB-INF/resource/internal/sql/configuration", and I access it by "resource/internal/sql/configuration/filename". I think it is correct or?.

Heather Rankin schrieb:
Hi Johannes,

Well firstly if you're using a variable to store your filename you
shouldn't need quotes around it. Should just be <xsl:value-of
select="document($filename)/NodeA/NodeB/NodeC" />

If that doesn't work it could be a problem with the path to your file or the path to your nodes. The XML needs to be well formed, but if you're not getting an error then that shouldn't be a factor. I'd make sure the
file path is correct by trying to output everything in the file
<xsl:value-of select="document($filename)/*" /> or use doc-available to
tell you.

According to your XML input your xpath looks ok (assuming first </NodeB>
is <NodeB>).

Heather