On Aug 16, 2008, at 11:03 AM, Mark Lundquist wrote:

Hi, I've been debugging a problem with an older Cocoon (2.1.8) application. There was a sporadic bug that turned out to be the consequence of a swallowed exception in a piece of code that some other guy wrote. I also noticed that this piece of code, which parses some XML fragments, was horribly slow, and that there was no EntityResolver set on the parser. So I fixed the swallowed exception, and while I was at it, I set the parser to use Cocoon catalog-based EntityResolver.
[snip...]

Actually, I just now changed it to look up the SAXParser component (an Excalibur JaxpParser) which, as I figured out, automatically gets the entity resolver (instead of the XMLReaderFactory as it was using before).

Anyway, same result... every so often I get a network error thrown from the bowels of Xerces.

Any help gratefully appreciated!
—ml—