2009/1/20 Martin Holmes <mhol...@uvic.ca>:
> HI Steve,
>
> Do you know how to call this in a sitemap? If I pass this into an XSLT
> transformation:
>
> <map:parameter name="osName" value="{system-property:os.name}" />
>
> the parameter is empty.

That looks reasonable to me.  I assume you've got the input module
defined somewhere? (either in the components section of the sitemap
or, more likely, the default
<component-instance
class="org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.SystemPropertyModule"
logger="core.modules.input" name="system-property"/>
entry in cocoon.xconf)
Chances are it would throw an error anyway if it wasn't.

What if you try
<map:parameter name="osName" value="testing-{system-property:os.name}" />
?  Is the parameter still empty in your XSL?  If so, it's not the
input module bit that's the problem.  What does the start of your XSL
file (especially the xsl:param) look like?

The system-property module is a jxpath-based one; I know the example
on http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/modules.html uses
{system-property:substring-before(user.home, user.name)}
but I'd have thought it should still be okay with no functions.  Do
any other system properties work?  Perhaps the app server hides some
of them - if you write a JSP that loops over them all and prints them
out, is os.name included in the list?  Are you getting any
securitymanager errors appearing in the logs?

Some more ideas at least.

Andy
--
http://pseudoq.sourceforge.net/