2009/1/30 Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>:
> On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 4:41 PM, "DAVIGNON Andre - CETE
> NP/DIODé/PANDOC" <andre.davig...@developpement-durable.gouv.fr> wrote:
> 2.1 can stay supported as long as people support it ;-)
>
> Former colleagues of mine are still maintaining 2.1 apps that I
> created a few years ago, without any problems, and I'm sure many
> people are doing the same. If we had a need to fix something in it,
> we'd do it - and I encourage all 2.1 users to do the same, committers
> can fix things directly and contributors can submit patches. Nobody
> said 2.1 is dead, it is clearly (IMHO) in maintenance mode.

Sounds good in theory, but the big assumption is that submitted
patches might actually be applied.  I uploaded
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-1887 2 1/2 years ago and
it's still waiting, even though it's a relatively trivial change and
only about half a dozen lines of code if you ignore the comments and
unit test :-(  Less, if you exclude the bit to preserve backward
compatibility.
And it's by no means the oldest patch in the summary list that's sent
to the list every few weeks...

Andy
--
http://pseudoq.sourceforge.net/  Open source java sudoku solver