On 23.10.2009, at 13:26, Peter Flynn wrote:

Testing it from the command line with Saxon, I get this:

Recoverable error on line 7 of file:/xsl/tools.xsl:
FODC0005: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 503 for URL:
 http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd

503 is a temporary overload, but that URI is retrievable with curl the instant before and after using Saxon. And in any case, when going via Cocoon it would cache the DTD (wouldn't it? to avoid overloading the W3C with a gazillion requests for the DTD URI?)

Cocoon uses the entity resolution via catalogs for resolving DTDs. "xhtml1-strict.dtd" is defined in [1] as PUBLIC via "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN". "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"; is the SYSTEM one. I summarized some info about the entity resolving in Cocoon 2.2 in [2].

I also experienced that w3.org URLs are sometimes retrievable and sometimes not, i.e. you can't count on them.

Alex

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/tags/cocoon-2.2/cocoon-xml-resolver/cocoon-xml-resolver-1.0.0/src/main/resources/META-INF/cocoon/entities/w3c/catalog
[2] http://markmail.org/message/ueyhyzki2g7mzaa5